Alpha 20 is a robust, diesel-hydraulic concrete sprayer, designed for tunnel profiles of up to 5 meters in height and 5 meters in width and offering high reliability, low maintenance costs and easy serviceability. Featuring a purpose-built boom and a high-capacity BS7622 concrete pump with a theoretical maximum pumping capacity of 20 m3/h, the machine has a proven and durable accelerator dosing system with a peristaltic pump and a 350 l stainless steel accelerator tank. The Alpha 20 can also be fitted with a remote control system for accurate and effortless control of all spraying functions from a safe distance. Equipped with four-wheel steering and 4WD for effortless operation in challenging underground conditions, the machine is powered by an efficient 120 kW Tier 3 engine and comes with a FOPS/ROPS safety cabin.
We provide everything you need to get the best results with sprayed concrete for mining and tunnelling applications, both underground and on the surface. Our offering includes equipment for both concrete spraying and transportation, construction chemicals as well as supporting technologies and services.
- Rigid frame tunnelling sprayer
- Max. vertical reach: 7 m
- Concrete pump output: Up to 20 m3/h
- Tramming height: 2.6 m
- SAHR fail-safe safety brakes
Ergonomics and operator environment
- Suspended driver’s seat
Productivity and efficiency
- Agile spray boom with automatic nozzle rotation
- High-capacity BS7622 concrete pump (up to 20 m3/h)
- Radio remote control system (accelerator dosing rate, accelerator pump & nozzle rotation on/off, concrete pump on/off/reverse)
- Accelerator dosing system with a hydraulically driven peristaltic pump (7 bar) and a stainless steel additive tank with a volume of 350 l
- Optional high-pressure washer
Sprayed Concrete Process
The use of sprayed concrete in mines, tunnels and other civil engineering structures is an important and integral part of successful, highly productive, and safe rock support systems. Normet is the industry leader in concrete spraying solutions, providing a complete range of related equipment, services, and chemicals to our customers around the world.