TamFib SP fibres are a structural polymer based macro fibre for concrete. It turns concrete into a reinforced composite material, increasing flexural toughness and energy absorption performance. Impact and corrosion resistance are also enhanced.
TamFib SP fibres are manufactured to ISO 9001:2008, and conform to EN 14889-2:2006 – Polymer fibres for concrete – Definitions, specifications and conformity.
Ecologic, safer and lighter than steel
- Structural Polymer Macro Fibres for Reinforcing Concrete
- Excellent energy absorption performance
- Very high flexural toughness
- Reduces the spalling possibility of the concrete edges
- Precise placement of steel mesh is not required, reducing the labour necessary to place and handle it
- Improves the mixture by reducing the potential of concrete segregation
- Reduces the overall bleed and consequential settlement cracking
- Removes the potential risk of corrosion of steel crack control mesh
- Cost-effective versus steel mesh
- Ecologic, safer and lighter than steel
- Being polymer based they are effective permanent solutions as they do not corrode across cracks exposed to aggressive groundwater, or where de-icing salts are frequently used
- Sprayed concrete ground support in tunnels and mines
- Cast in-situ tunnel linings and base slabs
- Pre-cast tunnel linings and associated elements
- Industrial flooring applications at tunnel and mine sites
- Mine haulage roadways
Sprayed Concrete Process
The use of sprayed concrete in mines, tunnels and other civil engineering structures is an important and integral part of successful, highly productive, and safe rock support systems. Normet is the industry leader in concrete spraying solutions, providing a complete range of related equipment, services, and chemicals to our customers around the world.