TamSeal TG92 is our newly developed, plant oil-based, high-performance first-fill tail sealant for shielded tunnel boring machines (TBM). TamSeal TG92 supersedes the existing TamSeal TG12 product. The new improved formula offers significantly better pumpability and resistance to wash out along with being biodegradable with self-extinguishing properties. Together with the wire brushes, the first fill tail sealant forms an impermeable barrier between the tail shield of the TBM and the concrete segments to effectively seal off any ingress of water, muck and backfill grout back into the TBM invert.
Better pumpability and resistance to wash out
- 1st fill tail sealant for TBMs
- Excellent resistance to water
- Excellent pumping properties
- Excellent adhesion properties
- Not mixable with annulus grouts
- Protects the brushes against wear