TamSeal SM is a one-component hydro reactive expansion sealant for waterproofing joints in concrete. It is applied using a skeleton gun.
TamSeal SM expands up to 100% when in contact with fresh water to create a durable water stop with long-lasting adhesive and hydro-swelling properties. When in contact with seawater, TamSeal SM expands between 50 – 70%.
TamSeal SM has excellent adhesive properties on different surfaces such as concrete, steel, glass, PVC, HDPE etc. The surface can be rough, smooth, damp or dry.
Durable – excellent wet/dry cycle, retains the elastic character and swelling performance
- Swelling hydrophilic mastic
- Single component, direct application
- A problem solving hydrophilic in difficult access areas
- Fast curing, enables early concrete pour and rapid return to service
- Excellent seal on rough concrete and plugs up irregular surfaces
- Durable – excellent wet/dry cycle, retains elastic character and swelling performance
- Construction joints
- Pipe penetrations (concrete, PVC, etc.)
- Waterproofing of joints between pre-cast concrete elements (e.g. inspection manholes, box culverts, sewer systems etc.)
- Waterproofing of H-beam penetration through floor slabs
- Sealing around conventional PVC waterstop providing a belt seal prior to concrete pour