TamSeal 20 is a surface-applied material which waterproofs and provides in-depth concrete protection. It consists of grey or white Portland cement, specially treated quartz sand and a compound of active chemicals.
When TamSeal 20 is applied to a concrete surface, the active chemicals combine with the free lime and moisture present in the capillary track, to form insoluble crystalline complexes. This is known as the crystallisation process. Once the crystals have formed, they remain permanent. These crystals block the capillaries and minor shrinkage cracks in the concrete to prevent any further water ingress. However, the layer will still allow the passage of water vapour through the structure (i.e. the concrete will still be able to “breathe”).
Further contact with water will reactivate the sealing process. Thus the lower depths of the concrete form an integral mass with the surface, which cannot be blown off by hydrostatic pressure. In addition to waterproofing the structure, TamSeal 20 protects concrete against seawater, wastewater, aggressive ground water and certain chemical solutions.
Can be applied both internally or externally
- Concrete waterproofing slurry by crystallisation
- Can withstand up to 30 metres of hydrostatic pressure
- Complies with SS 375: 1994 and PUB approved
- Can be applied both internally or externally
- Excellent adhesion
- Durable - lasts as long as the concrete
- Economical and simple to apply
- Protects concrete and reinforcement against corrosive water-borne substances
- Crystalline action is reactivated by contact with water, providing dormant additional protection.
- Water tanks, portable water tanks and tower.
- Tunnels and foundations
- Construction joints
- Sewage treatment plants
- Concrete slabs (floor / roof / balcony)
- Retaining walls
- Dock gates & dams
- Lift shafts